Friday, April 4, 2014

Grain Sack Ottoman

 
This small Ottoman had seen better days! However it is the Perfect size!
So I decided to give it a new look! 
 
I admire people who can pin a whole piece of furniture and take it off and sew.
 
 
Not me! I have to do it piece by piece! 
                                                                                                                                                              I  
 
I pin it inside out, sew it, turn it right side out, fit it
 Try it on again.....
Pin it!
 
Inside out again...
 
and yes I even drew blood!
  Very exciting as it begins to look finished!
 
I love the small cut and rip approach! a nice straight line for the hem!
 
I kept the pleats to the corners as I didn't want it to be to "puffy" !
 
I reversed the denim and used the "wrong" side as the right side!
which complimented the texture of the grain sack!
 
 
 
 
 It really is the perfect size!
 As much as I would like to keep it.....I will be bringing it into the shop! It felt good to pull my machine out and sew for a change.  I have a few custom window treatments coming up so stay tuned for more fun with fabric!
 


1 comment: